Sunday, December 28, 2008

Turkey Day 2008 part 2
















Since I had to work on Thanksgiving and all the family went their seperate ways, we had a second Thanksgiving the Sunday after at my house. It was my first time making a turkey and a whole dinner for that many people. I started off using my faithful Pillsbury magazines and the internet for recipes. I tried to do a few easy recipes so I wasn't stressed the day of. I made cranberry orange relish and smashed potatoes in the crockpot ahead of time. I began cooking and preparing at 8:30am and didn't stop until we served dinenr at 5:30pm. I was so tired and physically sore. It felt like I went to the gym all day!! The dinenr was finished off with cranberry apple stuffing, rolls, and seasoned corn. It was nice having both families over and celebrating together.

No comments: